Monday, February 13, 2012

Tartine

So, I don't know why I haven't posted about Tartine yet since I try to visit it every time I have lunch in Itaewon. Tartine is a wonderful little pie place located in the side street next to Ferrera Leathers down the street from Hamilton Hotel (it's the 2nd or so side street, I think). Across from Tartine there is also Tartine, Too, which is a little brunch and pie place that Chef Garrett opened up recently. Here is my quick sketch of a map:



As far as I know, Tartine is one of the few places to get western-style pie. The place is always packed and you often have to wait a bit, but it is totally worth it. You can get mini pies in a variety of flavors: cherry, chocolate creme, banana creme, apple, and Chef Garrett's Blend (a berry blend) just to name a few. They also offer pies a la mode if that's more your taste. They also serve coffee and cocoa to sip on while you're enjoying your pie on a cold afternoon or evening.

In addition to the pies, you can also pick up some fresh loaves of bread (the sourdough with cheese baked into it is wonderful), fresh-made butter, and some other little dessert treats.

Coconut creme pie


Lemon meringue pie


As you can see, they decorate the plate with a liquid sugar substance to make it all purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment