Saturday, June 2, 2012

Louie's Cafe - Forest City, NC

I've been absent for a bit, but I have several things I need to blog about. I've been pretty busy lately with work and such before my trip to the US for a wedding (which is where I am now).

I am currently in Forest City, NC with my Dougie-poo for my friend Jennifer's wedding (yay!!!). I think we are now very familiar with the downtown area of the town since we circled it 4 or 5 times. Garmin apparently has no clue where anything in NC is.

At any rate, we decided we would get pizza for lunch and tried to find Barley's Bar and Pizzeria, which led us to a bookstore in the previously mentioned downtown area. The nice lady at the bookstore told us where it was (actually in Spindale, which was a few miles away). We ended up getting directions from her to a different local pizza place and headed that way.

We ended up at Louie's Cafe. The address is 235 S. Powell Street in Forest City, NC if you're ever in the area and want to check it out.

Doug ordered a side salad to start (he should've just asked for a plate of lettuce since that's all he ate of it), and I ordered us some garlic twists. The garlic twists are just $3 for 6 pieces and are quite good. The sauce is a bit runny, but oh well.

For our food food, Doug ordered a spinach and bacon calzone.

He said it was pretty good. I ordered the meatball grinder.

That sucker was massive. Doug and I could've easily split it and been very full. Since it was only $5.25, I didn't think it was going to be that massive. Half of it is in the car in a styrofoam box right now. BTW, the calzone was also $5.25.
So the little cafe gets a thumbs up from me and Doug both. The food was good for really good prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment