Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Twosome Place

Now open 24 hours!!

A Twosome Place is quickly becoming one of my favorite coffee shops in the area (granted, as long as a place has coffee, I'll love it).

Located across from Yeongtong Kinex and KFC, it's a short walk from my place and not off the beaten path.
Mappity map map

The prices are higher than most (around 3500 - 6500 won for coffees) and they're more known for desserts than anything else.

They do, however, also offer a selection of sandwiches, pastries, coffee, and tea. During the holiday, they offer two Christmas latte flavors: Dark Cherry Latte and Toffee Nut Latte. The Dark Cherry Latte (top) is a black cherry flavor and offers a unique flavor. The Toffee Nut Latte (bottom) has toffee chips on top of the whip cream and offers a sweet, rich toffee flavor.


They are now open 24 hours a day, so you can stop in for a coffee anytime. The breakfast selection of pastries is pretty good. I've only tried the scones, but they're quite good when heated up; however, they can be dry if eaten cold. The sandwiches are a nice size and not priced too terribly bad considering how expensive some ingredients can be in Korea.


This is the Porcini Mushroom & Bacon sandwich. I'm not a big bacon fan, but they got the bacon done enough for me. I'm not sure what kind of sauce is on it, but it has carmelized onions and lettuce on what appears to be ciabatta.

The interior is deceptively spacious if you judge by the front of the store. They also offer a patio outside where you can sit when the weather is nice. They also offer Wi-Fi and multiple power outlets throughout the shop.



April, 2011
Thought I'd update this with a few more pics since I go here so often (almost every day). Also, I don't have a picture of it, but the Herb Chicken Salad is really quite good. They also have a new tomato & mozzarella sandwich that I was really looking forward to...it wasn't bad, but I picked off the ham, blegh.
So, here are some new cheesecake pics!

I think this is the Oreo cheesecake, but I can't remember


I think this is the New York cheesecake


And we'll throw in a chocolate chip muffin while we're at it


Update: 12/19/2012
So, A Twosome Place started selling hot chicken quesadillas and beef bulgogi quesadillas recently as part of a "Mecsican" menu *facepalm*. I want to tell them that "Mexican" is misspelled on the sign, but then what would I laugh at?

So, I'm off work today and was hungry when I came in for a coffee and blogging, so I thought I'd try the chicken quesadilla.
Not bad, surprisingly

The quesadillas are a bit expensive at around 7000 won, but I've come to expect it in Korea. The chicken quesadilla has pieces of chicken, cheese, peppers, and black beans inside what seems to be maybe a wheat tortilla. It could just be a flour tortilla, bt the coloring and texture seemed more like a wheat tortilla. They also sprinkle some paprika on top. It wasn't bad - I was pleasantly surprised. So, if you have a hankering for something even remotely Tex-Mex and can't get to Seoul, stop in and stave off the Mexican food cravings with a quesadilla at A Twosome Place.

Oh! Before I forget, they've also started offering recently a "Max Size" for iced drinks. This is basically the same size (and price) and a venti from Starbucks. It's nice to have another option, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment